Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Pink is pretty!

The great room makeover(s) have commenced. We have dismantled, moved, rearranged, reassembled, painted, and prayed that this would go smoothly...so far so good! I have long desired for my girls to share a room, we just had to wait a bit for Syd to mature enough to handle a "sleepover" every night. So the yellow garden room is no longer just Katie's, it is both of theirs. And they love it. I love it, too. My parents graciously drove a Uhaul from Indiana to Colorado this past weekend with a truckload of my antiques from our family farm. These twin beds have been in our family for a LONG time. My cousin and I slept in them when we were still at home, my mom and her sister slept in them when they were younger, and before that they belonged to my Great grandmother. Pretty cool to pass them on down...
Since I had first formulated this idea 3 years ago, I began to collect miscellaneous bedding for two little girls. It feels pretty exciting to see it all come together and my mom and I have had a lot of fun fluffing and froofing it all...not to mention tucking them in at night is pretty precious!

1 comment:

notes of em said...

so super sweet, and so fun to see all your hard work come to fruition.
We have the same plan at our house too!