Saturday, June 20, 2009

British Museum & Museum of Natural History in London

The British Museum houses some of most famous pieces of World History, including the Rosetta Stone and pieces of the Pantheon. Like the art-counterparts in Paris, it is overwhelming. One of my favorite discoveries on this day was this gorgeous gold clock which was once housed in Martin Luther's church. It's old and it still works. Really, I heard it chime with my own ears.
One of the things I found most fascinating is that for such a liberal country, they proudly displayed many beautiful pieces with biblical meaning, and described them in detail on the cards next to each exhibit. It truly moved me.
Not so far away is the Museum of Natural History. Every child's dream come true with the life-sized, reconstructed, animatronic dinosaurs. Perhaps the greatest dinosaur exhibit(s) in the world.
There are several rooms and floors with a variety of exhibits, but honestly the dinos steal the show!

No comments: