Saturday, June 20, 2009

Marie Antoinette

Half of my lifetime ago I was fortunate enough to go on a 16-day trip all around France to practice speaking the language I had studied, and to and learn about the culture. I was inundated with art & history; I was overwhelmed by the experience. I quite frankly don't remember much of it but what I do remember is that I loved Marie Antoinette's Estate at Versaille. It is magical. It is like stepping into a fairy tale. A brief history lesson is that this place was created for the Queen so that she could have an escape from the rigidity of royalty. It was a place for resting and having fun. (I'm sure there's much more to it than that, but we'll stick with the basics.)



Just as magical as the first time I experienced it. I literally took hundreds of pictures and couldn't even select 5 (the max it will allow me per post,) so I just picked a handful of different ones to give you a sample of the fairy tale.

2 comments:

The Norris Clan said...

Oh, I am so jealous you went there.... I am fascinated with that era and her! Love the pictures... want more!

notes of em said...

im with you on MA I am really intrigued with her life and life style. and you hit the nail on the head with her Versailles house.
i hope to go there one day.
.So pretty.