Saturday, June 20, 2009

Le Louvre et Musee d'Orsay

It is truly impossible to describe the feeling(s) one experiences when you come so close to the famous masterpieces housed in these two museums. It is simply overwhelming. Equally as fascinating to me is the opportunity to "people watch," and listen to words of others as equally overwhelmed as myself, in other languages!
I took countless pictures of the actual artwork, but the buildings themselves are works of art, which is why I'm posting these pictures here. Want to see artwork? Go to the library and check out a book. :)
I did thoroughly enjoy the Napoleon exhibits at the Louvre, I don't recall seeing this part of the museum the last time I was there. Here is a picture of his crown, well, one of them at least.

The grand hall at the Orsay.

Poor, poor Lance. We did both of these museums in the same day and it was a bit exhausting. But even he admitted gladness at seeing all of the things we did...

No comments: