Saturday, June 20, 2009

Paris Miscellaneousness

The carousel at the Tuileries. They were also giving pony rides through the gardens...I know 3 small children that would have really enjoyed this park! This made me miss my kids!
I actually think the picture was taken at St. Pancras in London. We took it for Will because he is so interested in trains these days. As a side note, I was terrified to take the Chunnel from London to Paris. But it was really cool. As you are leaving London you go through so many smaller tunnels that when you actually go under the water, it just seems like it's another tunnel. Then it dawns on you that this must be the tunnel and before you can get too stressed you're in the sun again. Very fast; very cool.
Place de la Concorde at night. You can see Cleopatra's needle in the foreground and the Eiffel Tower in the background.
And what would a trip to Paris be without a visit to the "Tour Eiffel?" Well, the first time I went to Paris we skipped it altogether, if that says anything. However we decided we wanted to see it, and it was pretty neat.
After we left the Eiffel Tower we were walking near the Seine and I had a wonderful opportunity to practice my French and asked a nice couple to take a picture of us. They pretended to understand me and smiled politely, and the man held out his hand for the camera...and voila! Not bad.

No comments: