Monday, April 28, 2008

Febreeze anyone?

We are plugging along during this extended time of Dad being gone. However, the lack of good, solid, continuous sleep is catching up with me. Last night as I lay in bed watching the digital numbers of my clock roll on, I decided to go ahead and check on the little blessings down the hall one last time. They are so dear to me and this is a nightly ritual I will never tire of, even on the weariest of nights! Since blogs live to infinity and beyond, thanks to the wonderful world of the internet, and someday I don't want one of my kids saying, "Mom, I can't believe you said that about me!", I will refrain from actually telling you the name of the child in this anecdote. However, it was definitely one of the cuties pictured below. Anyway, as I was tucking one of them in, smoothing the covers, touching their soft skin, kissing them, said child farted, loud and long. Yes, its true. I am fairly certain we all do this on occasion, (fart in our sleep,) but I had to run out of the room in order not to wake them up with my gut wrenching laughter! I ran back to my room and smiled as I pondered the wonder of our earthly beings (and bodily functions...) "I will give thanks to you, Oh God, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made," (Psalm 139:14). Yes, we are interesting creatures, to say the least. The good, the bad, the ugly, and yes, the smelly. So today I decided to look up some scriptures on God's creation. A rather common, well-known verse caught my attention. This particular version (Amplified) adds a word that made me laugh out loud when thinking back to what had happened last night. Listen to 2 Corinthians 5:17, "Therefore if any person is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away. The new and fresh has come!" Ha Ha...enough random thoughts for one night.


2 comments:

thekeller4 said...

That's hilarious! :) At least you didn't trip over some very loud toy as you were running out of the room - that's what would happen to me. ;-)

Karina Sammons said...

I loved reading this little story. So fantastic! It makes me laugh when Gary's the one doing the mid-sleep "toots" and I'm lying there awake trying so hard not to wake him with my laughter!