Saturday, April 19, 2008

Carbs are my friend(s)

As we embark on a 15 day separation from Dad, a few of my good friends have come for a visit. Please let me introduce you to (in no particular order):

Serving suggestion: a dab of butter and extra cinnamon & sugar on top. Next we have...
Serving suggestion: follow with a diet coke. Now for something sweet...
Serving suggestion: tastes great with a tall glass of milk! Next...
Serving suggestion: Tostitos "Scoops." And last but not least...
Please note, it's especially "delightful" with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a dollup of whipped cream.
Now, in case you were wondering, these items were all purchased 1)while I was hungry, 2)while shopping with all 3 children (a rarity for moi!). This experience furthered the sense of, "wow, its just me and these 3 for the next two weeks...I am definitely going to be needing some comfort food and quick & easy meal options!" For the kids, (I let them choose,) Shrek Mac & Cheese, their own frozen pizzas, Kid Cuisines, and some special cereal. Wahoo! I think we shall get along swimmingly!
We appreciate everyone praying for safety, good health...and sanity!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
notes of em said...

how in the world do you eat like this and stay so freaking skinny?!?!?!?!

Nicole said...

i always have the cinnamon raisin bread and CPK pizzas on hand. ALWAYS. They are like friends to me.