Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday

Celebrating Daddy's birthday a few days early...the girls enthusiastically helped wrap the gifts...with lots and LOTS of tape. Anyone have any insight into the childish fascination with tape? (Sorry for the red eye problem--I was using my old camera!)
Our budding artist (well, the youngest one,) colored Dad a special picture from his jumbo Thomas book. Of course, he freaked out when I folded it up and put it in an envelope; and when Lance opened it he said, "No, mine!" We're still working on the attitude of being a cheerful giver.
And after much deliberation, the girls decided that Daddy would most likely want to have a cake with Bronco colors. Coincidentally, Katie's favorite color is blue and Syd's is orange, so they sprinkled his cake lovingly with their respective colors.


Whew! We have had a whirlwind weekend. We crammed in a quick celebration for Dad including dinner at the new HR Bernie's Hot Dog Company, made it to two dance classes on Saturday, and Dad even managed to go to a Super Bowl breakfast with some friends before heading off to the airport. Yup, that's right...gone again. You may remember this post, "Carbs are my friends;" if so, we are in that mode again as Lance just left for 12 days. I am fully stocked on all of my favorite after-the-kids-go-to-bed snacks and have dvr'd about a dozen good chick flicks. It's kind of difficult to feel sorry for him when he gets to visit England, Scotland, and Switzerland during that time. However, he just spent his birthday on an overnight flight, he's missing the Super Bowl on his new big screen HD, and he's sicker than a dog. Part of my birthday gift to him were new boxes of Sudafed and Tylenol PM, which the pharmacist said cannot be taken at the same time--bummer. So maybe it won't be so fun for him after all. To wrap up the pre-Super Bowl festivities, I managed to get myself and all three kids to church on time (at 9 am) this morning. That, my friends, was quite an accomplishment considering I was up watching Gilmore Girls until 2 am.

2 comments:

Sans said...

You are too cute Jess!! Love it! Good to see you this morning! Let me know if you need anything!! XOxo

notes of em said...

so glad to see that the carbo loading is back in action. I do the same when my hubs is gone as well. I hope he feels better, traveling while sick is no fun.
I hope you and the kids survive and thrive!