Monday, October 6, 2008

So we won't be getting that t.v...

LB took this pic of me and the kiddos tonight. It was a long day with Will, we have officially hit the terrible two's. He appears to be following the footsteps of Sydney, as he did not nap today--he just played happily in his crib for 2 freakin' hours, but never slept mind you! I am so NOT ready for him to stop napping! However, I just look at his sweet face and my heart melts. Tomorrow is a new day.
The wife of one of Lance's coworkers just had twin girls a couple of weeks ago. They are still in the NICU but doing well, which is awesome considering they were 7 or 8 weeks early! I love babies. I just can't stop finding little things for them, and buying two of everything is twice the fun. Especially when its pink. I used to hate pink but now pink and I have reconciled. Perhaps having two girls weakened my resolve. Plus my mother-in-law says I look good in pink. In this little gift basket are the final purchases I will be making for the bundles of joy--at least until Christmas rolls around! Have I mentioned that I love babies?

Finally, we have been saving and searching for the perfect new, bigger and better t.v. That was until last Sunday when our dishwasher broke. We still ate on real dishes Sunday night. Then I reluctantly dug into my stash of paper products with the full intent of having the kids use those while the adults still used the real deal. That worked for one full day. I did dishes 4 times on Monday. Keep in mind that we only eat 3 meals, I just had no idea how many dishes we actually use! It was overwhelming, therefore I had to spread it out a little. We had a very nice and honest repair man come look at it and he gave a very costly repair option. He also wisely suggested that it might be time to replace it, as it was nearing 10 years old and is run on a daily basis. With that happy news, we bought a new one. I was not happy to hear on Monday night that our new dishwasher could not be delivered and installed until the following Monday. My resolve to be as "green" as possible disappeared come Tuesday morning. I even made a special trip to the store to by paper bowls. I waited as patiently as I could but finally called on Wednesday afternoon to see if they could pretty please have it to us by the weekend. So I was thrilled when it arrived on Friday. Whew.
So there she is. Yes, its a she. Only a good girlfriend would so faithfully serve you without an ounce of complaint, day after day, meal after meal. Thanks to my wonderful husband for putting our t.v. purchase on the back burner for the time being. I think we are all in agreement that our new kitchen help was a necessity in keeping this a happy home. Maybe we'll get that new t.v. in time for the Superbowl?

3 comments:

Amy said...

I LOVE that picture of you and the kids. Photoshop Lance in there and use it as your Christmas card pic!

notes of em said...

so glad to see that the newest member of your family is another female ;)

thekeller4 said...

I second that, Amy. Fall colors and everything! Jess, you look amazing, as do your kiddos. Was that taken on the same day that Will was acting out? Because you look a lot less frazzled than I do on those days!!