Monday, October 13, 2008

Speech Meet

I always thought that participating in a speech meet was optional. I, for one, would probably never have participated. Katie's school, which is K-8, requires first graders to participate in their annual Fall speech meet. I love this! One of our goals for Katie this year was to develop her self-confidence, particularly in front of her class. So this will hopefully be a positive experience for her. We just filmed this earlier this morning and there is still some fine tuning to do, but otherwise her selection is coming along great and we couldn't be more proud of her!

5 comments:

Karina Sammons said...

Now THAT was absolutely precious. I'm so glad you shared with all of us. She's gonna do GREAT!!!

notes of em said...

that was FANTASTIC Katie!!! I cant wait to hear how it goes at school.

Bekah said...

oh how i miss that precious face and precious voice...she is growing up so fast!

jmm said...

So wonderful! : )

Jen Morton

notes of em said...

p.s., I tagged you.....