Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Men In Trees, Anyone?

Have you fallen into the same rut as me when it comes to reality television? It seems that reality t.v. is dominating most of my "prime time" viewing slots. I don't mind a couple of the shows, but I need something a little more "retro" to keep my mind sharp, (ha ha.) Last year I got attached to the television show on ABC called, "Men In Trees." Would never have claimed to be a fan of Anne Heche (after all, she is nuts!), however, this show has hooked me in. Its kind of like an "Into the Wild" meets "Sex in the City," although I must admit to never seeing that movie or show, respectively. ANYWAY, the show is funny and does not give me nightmares (i.e. "Law & Order," "CSI," etc. which just a few short years ago I was addicted to these shows, but they were disturbing my healthy frame of mind--totally serious about the nightmares!) The big bonus, this show is filmed on location in British Columbia and takes me back to one of the bestest times in my life when I lived in the rugged wilderness of B.C. for a summer. It is simply breathtaking. And with that said, the show is kind of like a breath of fresh air--as good as one can get from watching t.v.

No comments: