Friday, December 12, 2008

Finding the joy...

Well shucks. Christmas is practically here and I am so not ready. Our designated Christmas decorating week (the one before the week of Thanksgiving) started off with the stomach bug making its way to our home. So we put the decorations on hold. All of our company over turkey day would surely forgive us. Then, with said company being in town, we couldn't seem to find the time to get it done. Please keep in mind that this is basically a one-woman show, as my husband doesn't care to hang lights or do much decorating. Just getting him to set up the tree is an accomplishment. So here we are, preparing to leave town for a bit to celebrate with family in Indiana. I am finding it hard to muster the energy and/or desire to get the show on the road.

Right now, I am drinking gallons of hot cocoa every day (throw in a few visits to 'Bucks every week,) listening to Christmas music around the clock, and eating all things festive. I have been good about having some intentional time with Jesus (come on, He is the reason for the season, after all!) Nevertheless, I am not in decorating mode. So we have made a decision to put the decorations on hold for this year. I have stockings and gifts, of course, and a couple of nativities around the house, but we are not going to do our tree and pull out the rest of the stuff, just this year. Ahh...

I should be relieved, right?

It actually kind of makes me sad. Just a tiny bit. But that is okay. I do want to post a picture of our stockings but I am having trouble getting pix off my camera at this moment in time. So stay tuned...

No comments: