Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Theater Fever


On every corner near Oxford Circus and Picadilly Circus, you can see the marquees to London's famous productions. Then there are about a thousand others that you have never heard of. Our driver told us that in this one square mile of London, there are more theaters than there are on all of the Broadway district in NYC. Here are pictures of 3 of my favorites and 2 others that I've heard good things about--Mama Mia and We Will Rock You. We were given amazing center/8th row seats to The Sound of Music, which is the top show in London right now. I have seen it before, but never to this degree of artistic professionalism. Even my husband was awed by the props and scenery, and he even commented on the music. It was definitely top notch!



2 comments:

The Norris Clan said...

Oh, Jess! What fun... I am so jealous... looks like you two had a wonderful time. I am glad that you got to catch a couple shows as well. A London trip would not be complete without the west-end!

notes of em said...

this looks like its been a fabulous trip! It makes me want to go and experience it all for myself, and with drew of course.
so glad for you and Lance to be there together and enjoy it all....