Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Beuller...Beuller...anyone?


So, are you completely bored with the history lesson thus far? I just cant' help myself, I find it all fascinating. I know I was only over there for 2 full days + 2 half days, but I did manage to drag my camera everywhere we went. Can you identify this famous London landmark? It's good 'ol Big Ben. It became operational in 1859 and survived the nearby blitzes of WWII. It is known for it's very accurate timing and very reliable mechanisms. Big Ben has only stopped keeping perfect time less than a dozen times since it first began working. It holds the title of the "World's largest four-faced chiming clock." Big Ben is a pretty awesome thing to hear and to behold as you stand at the base of it and stare up at it chiming tower. And yes, due to the ground where it is located, it does lean (although they say its naked to the human eye.) Perhaps I am just not a normal human (ha ha,) or maybe its due to the angle of where I was standing and shooting upwards.

1 comment:

Karina Sammons said...

Jess! I didn't even know you were going to London. How fantastic (no matter how short!) And I love that you've posted these on here already. GREAT photos and wonderful captions. Gary and I were there 2 years ago and had an amazing time touring the lovely city. So much to see and do, and congrats, you did manage to pack a lot into your short time. Way to go! And I'm jealous that you got to see Sound of Music. It's my all time favorite.