Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A day (and night) at Lakeview

Camping is hard with kids. You seem to need a lot of stuff. Add in tons of water, snakes, snails, frogs, BUGS, and all of that kind of stuff, you need a lot MORE stuff, like sprays, nets, buckets, cages, and lifejackets. (I know I'm forgetting something?!) Roll it all up into one overnight trip and you have a lot of fun memories...

You may or may not know that my husband is an intense and talented water skier.Best friends are we, my sister and me...
No holds barred when it came to making his first mud (and gravel!) pies...
"If you train up a child..."
Perhaps that is a little out of context, so how about, "like father like son?"
(I especially love this last picture!)

2 comments:

The Norris Clan said...

Sounds like SO much fun!! Yeah for summer memories...

notes of em said...

these are great pictures! did your kids sleep in the life jackets as well? you all are so brave to take them camping.... we have not gotten that far in our thinking yet...