Tuesday, June 17, 2008

All About Katie

A brief trip down memory lane (10 months ago...) Katie's 1st day of Kindergarten.My, how time flies!
Katie and her BFF Madison, on the last day of school, doing crafts & bubbles at the party.

Mrs. Schoep & Mrs. Chambers were Katie's wonderful teachers this year. We are so thankful for their Godly example and wisdom in teaching her all of the things she needed to learn this year.

Finally, and most importantly, I got the best birthday present I could ever ask for last week.

At VBS on Thursday, Katie asked Jesus into her heart. She has been asking a lot of questions about God this past 6 or so months, and we actually talked quite a bit about it while we were at camp in Texas, what it means and how you will continue to grow and change for the rest of your life to become more like Jesus. So then that night they were talking about asking Jesus into your heart during their small group time at VBS, and she asked her leader to pray with her. Katie came right away to tell me where I was working in crafts and it was really special. I believe that for almost 6 years old, she has a pretty good understanding of what it’s all about.
Please take a moment just to pray for her to continue to grow in her love and understanding of Christ, and praise Him for another transformed life.


2 comments:

notes of em said...

oh jess, i have tears in my eyes. I cant think of any more rewarding words to come out of your child's mouth. Praises to the Creator who made Katie in His image and for calling her to be His own before time even started to be.
love you sweet friend!

notes of em said...

yes, i like to share, as soon as I have any kind of surgery be expecting a cooler in the mail.
and yes, I want you to write whatever you would like on my blog... no holds bar.....
love you