Monday, December 3, 2007

These little piggies...


Let me preface this by saying feet are hideous. They get callouses, they stink, they are just plain dirty. This picture was taken last Christmas Day when we were snowed in and I was bawling my eyes out because we were not able to get to Indiana for Christmas to see my family. I remember trying to focus on what I was thankful for so that I could get away from my little pitty party. So Will was just 1 month old. I get a little teary when I look at this picture. These little blessings grow up way too fast.
Just the other day I was just giving the kiddos a bath and when they got out, everyone got their finger and toe nails trimmed and after the trimmings, I kissed each toe and tickled their little feet and told them how much I love them. A dear friend was reminding me last night of the Father's love for us--its lavish. 1 John 3:1 "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God." And as much as I love my little blessings, God's love is bigger, and better, and perfect. We are loved by the creator of the universe, and even though we break down, screw up and stray away, He loves little ol' us enough to know the number of hairs on our head (Matthew 10:30). Can't quite wrap my mind around this one so for now I'll just be thankful...and praise Him...and in an effort to show some TLC to my own piggies (not so little or cute anymore,) maybe I should go get a pedicure.

3 comments:

The Norris Clan said...

I think a pedicure is definitely in order! Can I come?

I love that you are blogging now! I have you on my rss feed, so I can see right away when you post... hope your December is going well... are you going to IN for Christmas this year, provided you aren't snowed in?\

Miss you... sunflower.

Nicole said...

I am SO SORRY you aren't feeling well. There is really nothing worse.

Call me if you need anything at all!

Robin said...

Ummmm...nothing like a pedicure to bring about a dose of thankfulness! What cuties... thanks for the reminder of our Father's LAVISH love - talk about a gift!!